Eureka Nd-Pr-REE deposit, Usakos, Erongo, Namibia
- E-Tech Metals Ltd are focused on advancing it’s 75% owned Eureka Nd-Pr-REE Project, located in central west Namibia
- Strengthening Nd-Pr magnet metal demand in electric vehicle engines (EV & HEV); wind turbine generators; smart phones speakers; Growth in La for hydrogen storage, NiMH batteries and fuel catalysis
- Eureka is a high-grade, large grain size, easily winnable monazite (REE) deposit. Including a high proportion of magnet metals Nd & Pr (15% of TREO) - Pilot metallurgical test work proves a MARKETABLE PRODUCT
- Eureka hosts a consistent low-thorium monazite amenable to international shipping.
- 20 TIMES LESS THORIUM compared to mineral sand monazite.
- Monazite from mineral sands typically run a NdPr to Th ratio of 1:1. For Eureka monazite that NdPr to Th ratio is 20:1
- PROVEN METALLURGY. High recovery of single homogeneous mineral concentrate – NOT a mixed concentrate like peers
- Pilot test work at SGS Mineral Services produced a high-grade REE (low-Th) monazite concentrate via low-CAPEX & low OPEX primary processing circuits at a coarse optimum grind, gravity separation & dry low-intensity magnetic separation route ONLY. NO reagents, NO flotation, NO x-ray sorting required
- Near-term production: outcrops at surface & can produce concentrate from first shovel
- March 2017 shallow RC drilling of 19 holes increased historical grade/tonnage estimate x5 fold from 2000t to 10,000t TREO (or 14000t monazite concentrate) to 60m depth
- The deposit remains unconstrained both laterally & at depth
- Excellent infrastructure: Flat & sparsely populated terrain, 0.8km from arterial tarmac road to deep-water port of Walvis Bay (140 km away) with electricity supply. Water table at 50m.
- Namibia is a mining friendly jurisdiction
- Management team with proven knowledge & experience in the REE space
- Corporate structure, government & landowner permissions are in place, with agreements for security of tenure all the way to production
- Funding partners are required for Phase-2: diamond drilling & test mining to deliver Preliminary Economic Assessment & upgraded resource classification.
- Current grade/tonnage estimate: 0.2Mt @ 5% TREO (10kt TREO or 14kt monazite) tested to 60m depth only. BUT this currently requires upgrading since the discovery of new en-echelon dyke swarms in May 2019
- Inexpensive mining: Clean contacts of monazite mineralised dolomite dykes and quartzite country rock. Open-cut to underground development